1. Any complaint received from a client is treated very seriously. All details are recorded or studied if in a letter.
2. Once a complaint is received, the person responsible for the client’s file will notify the partner in charge of complaints, Kimberley Spikings, – unless the complaint is made directly to the partner in charge of complaints. If the complaint is about, Kimberley Spikings, then the complaint should be made to Ruth Rush. A complaint will be acknowledged within 10 days of us receiving it. The client will then be sent a copy of this procedure.
3. The person involved in dealing with your matter will study the complaint in detail, referring back to the client’s file etc. They will then contact the client to try to resolve the complaint and propose some course of action to remedy the situation and also to try and avoid it happening again. If the client is satisfied a report is then passed to the complaints partner to consider further preventative action.
4. If the client is not satisfied with the course of action proposed by the person dealing with your matter, then the complaint will be passed to the complaints partner for further investigation.
5. The complaints partner will, based on the information that she has gained from the file, and discussions with the person dealing with your matter, contact the client either by telephone or letter. She will try to resolve the problem and if appropriate come to an agreement with the client on the course of action to be taken.
6. Follow up action: corrective and preventative actions need to be taken to resolve the current complaint and prevent it happening again. Written confirmation should be given to the client of the final response.
7. All complaints, together with associated documentation, will be filed in a complaints’ file and kept by the complaints partner.
8. If a client remains dissatisfied after exhausting the internal procedure, he or she should be referred to the Legal Ombudsman whose address is:
Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or email email@example.com.
Kimberley Spikings – firstname.lastname@example.orgRuth Rush – email@example.com
Via letter Bottrills Solicitors LLP 131 The Parade Watford WD17 1NA.
Bottrills Solicitors LLP first opened its doors in Barnet in 1973. Since this time we have supported hundreds of clients across the South East.
Bottrills Solicitors LLP131 The ParadeWatfordWD17 1NA
Romily Court,7 St Albans Road,BarnetEN5 4LN(By appointment only)